Buying a new car? Know the do's and don'ts for purchasing a new car!
Maybe your current ride is being less reliable. Or maybe it’s time to upgrade to something nicer.
Whatever your reason for buying a new car, you should enter the process with some knowledge.
Follow these tips to avoid any unpleasant surprises down the road (literally):
- Thinking of trading in your older vehicle? Do the research ahead of time and be prepared to stand your ground. Remember, they’re in the business of giving you the least possible amount for your car. Be willing to speak up if you feel like you’re not getting a fair trade. In some cases, it might make more sense to sell it on your own.
- Be selective about the bells and whistles the dealer might try to sell you on. These packages can add thousands of dollars to the final price of your car. Do you really need leather or heated seats? Be a smart shopper and ask questions to make sure you know exactly what you’re buying.
- Opt for safety. Extra features are worth every penny, especially if you are transporting children. A rearview camera, forward collision warning is and adaptive cruise control are newer technologies that can pay dividends.
- Don’t fixate on the sticker price solely. You’ll need to take into account the overall cost of the car, the value of your trade-in, and your financing terms.
- Don’t skip the test drive. A vehicle is an investment so you want to make sure you absolutely consider how it handles, comfort, and the overall feeling you get while driving it. Cars that look good on paper (or on the lot) aren’t always what you expect when you get behind the wheel.
When you're done with the process of purchasing a new vehicle, let your agents at Texan Insurance find you affordable insurance with the proper protection for you and your family! Be sure to ask about how you can bundle your home insurance and auto insurance together to save you more money!