When you become a local in a big city, you start to forget what your city is known for. Most nights become a reoccurring event of sitting on the couch watching reruns of your favorite show. Now, it is Summer again, and this season is the time for exploring. Here are some great activities you can try to enjoy your Summer in Houston!
Outside Adventures in Houston
- Bayou City Bike Tours - The city of Houston has become more accessible for bicyclists, so taking a bike tour may be one way you would want to dive into an outdoor experience. The company provides bikes, water, and helmets on request. Each tour takes you through a unique part of Houston to learn of both its history and popular destinations. Here are different tours you can choose from:
- Downtown Historical Tour
- Buffalo Bayou Park Tour
- Cruise the Heights Tour (21+)
- Your own personal private tour
Art in Houston
- Gallery Sonja Roesch - This convenient art tour allows you to explore the art tucked away in Houston with the knowledge of a Gallery Sonja Roesch tour guide at your side. It is a two-hour tour that ends with a reception at the Gallery Sonja Roesch to ask any questions or discuss any particular art you were interested in.
Architecture in Houston
- Preservation Houston - This company's purpose is to educate people in the world architecture. Take a tour to predesignated buildings or the Glenwood Cemetery to learn about its history and design. Tours usually last about ninety minutes and are offered on the second Sunday of every month excluding December.
Food in Houston
- Houston Culinary Tours - There are so many nights in a person's life when they are undecided on food or don't have the courage to try something new. Houston Culinary Tours gives people the opportunity to explore the food in their city without the fuss of trying to figure out their night's restaurant choice. Every tour has a different atmosphere of what they will be serving between the four different restaurants that are pre-chosen for you. The three different tours are:
- Downtown Food Tour
- Montrose Food Tour
- The Heights Food Tour
Education in Houston
- NASA Space Center (Houston) - This ninety-minute tour will give you a look at rockets on display, the style of training astronauts endure, and the Missions Operations Control Room where the first lunar landing was being directed. You can be where they were when the first man stepped on the moon!
For more information, please contact us for any help with insurance in Houston. We are here for you, whether it be determining your next tourist attraction to visit or finding the best insurance rate. Have a fantastic summer in Houston!