You may have noticed the leaves starting to turn or the days becoming shorter as we push our way out of summer and into fall. The first day of fall is September 22nd and it is just around the corner. Be prepared for the festivities and flavors that accompany this charming season by reading on and discovering what it really has to offer.
There are so many fall activities to do and sights to see in the Houston area during this magical season. Here are 5 must-do treats the whole family will enjoy!
- Fall Festival and Pumpkin Patch at Blessington Farms. Less than an hour west of Houston lies this adorable farm where you can enjoy the fall festival starting September 22nd. Kids will enjoy picking out their pumpkins and the classic hayride.
- Houston Slavic Heritage Festival. Come and celebrate culture with the Slavic Heritage Alliance of Houston on September 30th. The experience of ethnic foods, culture, and dancing is a must-see for the whole family!
- Matt Family Orchard. Nothing says "fall" like picking your own fall produce, fresh from the tree! Check their website for fruit availability and head out for a relaxing afternoon of apple-picking and outdoor fun.
This exciting time of year brings with it a flavor palate of spices, fresh fall fruits, and pumpkin. Make sure you squeeze in some (or all!) of these goodies before winter comes!
- Spiced apple cider. Relax at your favorite coffee shop with a hot spicy mug or easily make your own with apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and oranges.
- Caramel apples. This super easy fall favorite can be with just apples, caramels, and a splash of milk. The kids will enjoy getting to dip their own and getting to eat them later, too!
- Pumpkin pie. If you are only able to make time for one pumpkin recipe, let this one be it. Pumpkin pie is a fall classic and can be bought at almost any store or easily made at home.
Everyone has something they love about fall, whether it be the harvest atmosphere, the cooling weather, or Halloween! Here are some classic favorites for you to try (or try again!) this year as we draw closer to fall.
- Flannels and sweaters. There is a chill beginning to linger in the air as you go for your evening walk. Fall means it is time to pull out those sweaters and flannels and warm up in full harvest style!
- Halloween. For those with a spooky side, Halloween is one of the most anticipated holidays of the year. Dressing up, taking the kids trick-or-treating, and attending local parties is a great way to honor the tradition.
- Thanksgiving. One of the most favorite traditions is gathering the family together to share a delicious meal every fall. Thanksgiving is the main holiday of all things fall and harvest, and it will be here before you know it!
We hope you and your family can enjoy some of these wonderful fall activities that come with this magical time of year. Have fun, stay safe, have a great fall, and don't forget to contact us with any of your insurance needs.