Do you have a teen driver? Now you can worry less!
Teen Drivers. Just the thought of having one sends many parents into a panic. How will they know if their teen is driving safely? How can they ensure their teen is safe when they can't be with them? These concerns are valid. Studies have shown that teen drivers are more likely to get into a car accident than other age groups. That's why SAFECO has created their Teensurance™ Program.
Teensurance™ is a service that gives parents a way to determine how their teen is driving — when they cannot be in the car with them. An innovation of the Safeco subsidiary Open Seas Solutions, this comprehensive service includes:
- Online tools that help parents and teens negotiate driving privileges.
- Safety Beacon™ Convenience and Protection System provides:
- Twenty-four hour roadside assistance
- Instant notification for parents when their teen driver exceeds a preset speed limit or arrives at a specific location
- Vehicle tracking and retrieval support
This innovative service was created with the consumer in mind and provides a total solution for young drivers on an auto policy. For example, it can help the following.
- Parents: It brings peace of mind by providing tools that allow parents to have a closer look at their teen’s driving behavior and encourages conversations about safe driving between parents and teens.
- Teens: It can help instill trust between teens and parents, and it provides a negotiation tool for teens to gain additional driving privileges by demonstrating good driving behavior.
The Teensurance service offers a number of features. With Teensurance, parents and teens can:
- Track a car’s location online in real time.
- Establish “safe driving zones” to create boundaries for new drivers.
- Set and receive alerts to know when a young driver is speeding, misses a curfew or goes outside the established “safe driving zone.”
- Access 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week (24/7) roadside assistance, in case of car trouble.
- Track a car (and have the police track the car) if it is stolen.
- Use resources on the Teensurance Web site www.teensurance.com to improve family conversations about young driver safety
If you would like more information on the Teensurance™ program, please give us a call at 281-998-2500. Any one of our professionally trained insurance agents at Elzey Insurance will walk you through the program and help you determine if its a good fit for your family!