Did you know that a majority of house fires are started in the kitchen? Furthermore, according to the Home Safety Council's State of Home Safety in America™ Report, fires and burns are the third leading cause of unintentional home injury and related deaths.
Its important to be prepared! Fire safety and survival begin with everyone in your household being prepared. Follow the safety advice below from the Home Safety Council to reduce the chance of fire in your home:
- Always stay in the kitchen while cooking
- Keep things that can burn, such as dishtowels, paper or plastic bags, and curtains at least three feet away from the range top.
- Before cooking, roll up sleeves and use oven mitts. Loose-fitting clothes can touch a hot burner and catch on fire.
- Always stay by the grill when cooking. Your grill may stay hot for a long time. Keep children and pets away.
- Keep grills at least ten feet away from other objects, including the house and any shrubs or bushes.
Insure with us today, Be sure of tomorrow!