Throughout the "Under-Insured?" series over January, several topics were covered. It may be difficult to keep all of these different ideas straight, so here is a checklist that you can use when shopping for new Homeowner's insurance:
- Get a good agent! An agent who is only concerned with getting your business will try to cut corners to attract your business.
- Make sure that your Insurance Agent used your home rebuilding cost, rather than the actual home construction cost when calculating your coverage.
- Look into any extra premiums you need to add for complete coverage. If you are in a tornado-prone area, you probably want to get extra insurance for that.
- Maintain a good credit score. This IS used by most companies.
- Don't settle for the first offered price!
Follow these tips next time your homeowner's policy is up for renewal, and you just might save money. Or better yet, call us at Elzey Insurance TODAY at 281-998-2500 and we will tell you if you have the best coverage for the best price.
Insure with us today, be sure of tomorrow!