We know keeping your teen driver safe is a top priority. If you are shopping for a car for your teenagers, the process can seem overwhelming. There are so many choices. And while you want safety, your teen wants style. To help you find the best car for your family, here are some ideas to consider:
Remember to get a quote for your teen driver today! Check out the ELZEY INSURANCE website and we will be happy to help you out!
- Safety features. There’s no perfectly safe car, but there are models which offer added protection. Look for features such as anti-lock brakes, traction control and vehicle stability control.
- New vs. used. Now-a-days even the used car has great safety features. It may seem like newer cars tend to have the most advanced safety features, but if you have to consider that they obviously cost more. A later model used car may provide most of the features you’re looking for at a lower price.
- Speed and power. Avoid sporty cars because too much power can be tempting to teens who are already more likely to speed. Plus, sports cars are likely to result in higher insurance costs. Keep in mind that sluggish cars can be unsafe too, as they make it harder to merge and change lanes.
- Vehicle size. Teens are generally safer in mid- to larger-size cars. Small cars may seem easier to maneuver, but they’re lighter and don’t fare as well in crashes with larger vehicles. However, big SUVs are not the best choice because they are more difficult to handle and have higher rollover rates.
- Crash tests. One way to evaluate the cars you’re considering is to check crash test results. On Safercar.gov, you can review crash test results from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Insure with us today, be sure of tomorrow!