Houston Auto Insurance
While Driving, Have You Ever...
Heard the screech of the tires, the honk of the horn, the crash of metal on metal? car accidents happen every day, and all drivers are at risk. Whether it's a fender bender in rush-hour traffic or a six-car pile up on the freeway, the proper Auto Insurance can make sure you are financially prepared in all situations. Let Texan Insurance help you find the coverage that fits your needs.
A 2011 study by AAA estimates car accidents cost nearly $300 billion annually to drivers in the US, which equates to $1,522 per person each year. And, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the cost of medical care and job loss from car accidents is more than $99 billion a year - that's nearly $500 out of your pocket every 12 months. At Texan Insurance, we know the right Car Insurance in Houston TX can offset these costs and protect you and your assets from the financial hardships caused by auto repair, medical bills or a legal defense.
Automobile Insurance - It's The Law
Every state calls for drivers to have Automobile Liability Insurance and the requirements vary by state. Liability Insurance can cover personal injury protection and includes a minimum set amount for bodily injury and property damage when you are at fault. In Texas, Automobile Liability is the law, but it won't cover any damage to your vehicle or your medical bills. And often, damages exceed the maximum coverage limits of basic liability; when that happens, the difference in cost becomes an out-of-pocket expense. To prepare yourself for these situations, upgrade your Auto Insurance to include collision and comprehensive coverage, as well as secondary coverage that can protect you when emergencies occur.
Types Of Car Insurance Coverage
There are three primary types of coverage available: Liability, Collision and Comprehensive:
- Liability Insurance covers costs of property damage, as well as medical and injuries, to the other party when you are responsible for the accident. The Texas Department of Insurance states current minimum liability limits at $30,000 per injured person, with a maximum of $60,000 per accident, and $25,000 for property damage per accident.
- Collision Insurance covers the cost of repairs or replacement when your vehicle is damaged or destroyed in an accident.
- Comprehensive Insurance, also known as "other than collision," covers damage to your vehicle from non-accident causes, such as vandalism, theft or weather.
There also are numerous secondary types of Houston Automobile Insurance coverage available for your plan, ensuring you are protected regardless of the circumstances. These include medical, personal injury protection (PIP), rental reimbursement and roadside service:
- Medical Payment Insurance covers the cost of medical care for you and any passenger(s) in your vehicle who are injured, no matter where responsibility for the accident lies.
- Personal Injury Protection, which is similar to Medical Payment Insurance, extends the coverage to include lost wages during medical recovery.
- Rental Reimbursement coverage pays you a predetermined daily amount for a replacement vehicle while your car is in the shop for damages and repairs.
- Roadside Service Insurance provides you with emergency assistance and towing from any location to your home or mechanic shop.
At Texan Insurance, we want to help you get the most accurate and affordable Car Insurance quotes available, with a policy that fits your needs and budget. We will help to evaluate a range of choices based on personal factors, such as the number and age of drivers and the makes and number of vehicles on the policy, ensuring sure you get coverage designed specifically for you and not for the average driver. Unlike online-only services, our independent agency brokers will help review and explain different policy choices from multiple providers, along with coverage limits, deductibles and pricing so you can make an informed decision when choosing your Automobile Insurance solutions.