Places to Go in Houston for a FANG-TASTIC Night!
Calling all ghouls, goblins, and witches! Halloween is right around the corner, Houston, but do you know where the best haunts and houses are? We have taken the liberty of providing you with some of the best places for both family-friendly fun and adult-only frights. Continue reading to discover the spooky side of Houston so you can maximize your FANG-tastic Halloween experience!
For the Kids
- Trick-or-treating. You simply cannot have Halloween with kids and NOT go trick-or-treating! Maximize your candy haul by checking out some of the best neighborhoods for trick-or-treating with kids.
- Bellaire – this neighborhood of luxury homes continually ranks on national lists as one of the best places to trick-or-treat. As a bonus, the area is patrolled heavily by police to increase safety for you and your family.
- The Heights – The Heights has early trick-or-treating for the younger kids which goes from 3:30 PM-5:30 PM. They also have the best decorations in the city!
- Children’s Museum of Houston. The Children’s museum goes all out for Halloween with a variety of activities from October 9-31, which include dressing up, crafts, and even magic shows! On Halloween day, come and enjoy the Halloween Monster Mash Bash from 3:00 PM-8:00 PM with more crafts, music, and fun.
- Zoo Boo at Houston Zoo. Starting October 12th, every Friday-Sunday at the Houston Zoo for a wide array of activities. Check their website for each individual day while enjoying safe trick-or-treating, a creature maze, and a monster mural where your child can contribute their artistic abilities.
For the Parents
- Brazilian Halloween Party. Enjoy an exotic night sans children with live music, DJ tunes, a costume contest, and tantalizing Brazilian cuisine at Capitol Bar Midtown. Get your tickets here to ensure your spot at the scariest Brazilian party in town.
- Saints and Sinners Soiree. Dramatic decor and costumed entertainers are sure to provide you the night of your life at Hotel Derek. Hors d’oeuvres and cocktails abound, mixed with live music and plenty of dancing. There will also be a costume contest with prizes!
- Halloween pub crawl. If you just cannot decide on one place to go, why not go to all of them? The Halloween pub crawl takes place in downtown Houston and includes upwards of 50 pubs and bars, all within a short walk of each other. Enjoy giveaways and drink specials at every participating bar.
As always, enjoy a fun, safe Halloween in Houston. Make sure you are wearing plenty of reflective clothing if you or your children will be trick-or-treating after dark and always remember to drink responsibly. Contact us if you have any questions about safety or for any clarification on the information above. Happy Halloween!