How To Protect Yourself In A Tornado
The recent news reports and images of the deadly storms this past weekend throughout the south have been devastating. Tornadoes ripped through several communities leaving a path of destruction and chaos. At Elzey Insurance, we hope that you or your family were effected by it. This got me thinking. Do you know what would do if you were caught in a Tornado? How would you react? Do you even have a plan? We want you to be prepared “just in case” so below are a few tips for you as posted by FEMA:
What to do Before a Tornado
Be alert to changing weather conditions.
- Listen to NOAA Weather Radio or to commercial radio or television newscasts for the latest information.
- Look for approaching storms
- Look for the following danger signs:
- Dark, often greenish sky
- Large hail
- A large, dark, low-lying cloud (particularly if rotating)
- Loud roar, similar to a freight train.
If you see approaching storms or any of the danger signs, be prepared to take shelter immediately.
What to Do During a Tornado