Insurance for Businesses
In an effort to help you understand the various forms of insurance, we are continuing our blog series on “What Type of Insurance Do You Need.” If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
If you’re in business, you will probably already have at the very least a Business Owners’ Policy (BOP) but the changing nature of business, the economy and the law, means you should still keep this under regular review. And if you’re just about to go into business, a BOP is definitely your starting point. Generally, it will cover your property (for similar risks to homeowners policies), disruption of the business caused by an accident or catastrophe, and liability for injuries or property damage you or your employees cause to others. In addition, you might want to consider separate insurance policies for:
- Professional liability that covers you against financial losses suffered through legal actions brought against you.
- A commercial auto insurance policy to cover any vehicles owned and operated by the company, or for vehicles owned by individuals but used in the course of business.
- Workers Compensation insurance to provide medical care for employees injured at work. It may also cover you for any legal action taken against you by an injured employee. Some states also require employers to provide disability cover.
- Key Person Insurance. Small businesses often find themselves heavily dependent on the skills of one or more employees, whose death could significantly impact the viability of the business. In this case you can take out a life insurance policy on these individuals. You pay the premium and you are the beneficiary in the event of their death.
- Commercial Umbrella Liability. This provides cover beyond the basic liability insurance in your BOP and is especially useful when a liability claim involves litigation.
Whether your business is large or small, at Elzey Insurance, we have the products to meet your needs. Every business and industry is unique; we identify ways to properly insure the unique hazards of your business. As business owners ourselves, we understand the special protection your business needs to prosper.
We offer: Loss Control Programs With our insurance company partners, we can evaluate your business’s current conditions and recommend ways to lower property, auto, worker’s compensation or liability losses. Lower losses will not only lower your insurance costs but will also increase your productivity by avoiding downtime.
Quick Claim Response When you do have a claim, you need fast, fair service. As independent agents we work to make that happen. That’s why we only represent companies with excellent records for settling claims fairly and promptly.
Competitive Rates Many of the insurance companies we represent specialize in insuring specific types of businesses or industries, offering special coverage and pricing. To see if your business qualifies for one of these special programs, contact us today! Please contact us for more information on our Business Insurance policies. We will explain all of your options and help you get the best coverage at the best rate. You can click here for a no-obligation quote or call us at 1-866-660-6800.